Saturday, June 30, 2007

Pueblo!

Hello from Pueblo, Colorado! We arrived in Pueblo this morning and can now see the mountains ahead of us! We spent last night at the Sugar City Baptist Chapel in Sugar City, CO where they provided us with an amazing dinner of spaghetti and garlic bread along with ice cream and popcorn for dessert and then an amazing breakfast this morning of biscuits with sausage gravy and pancakes! Thank you to all the people of Sugar City for your wonderful hospitality. Sugar City may be a tiny town but I will not forget it!

Today's ride was another short one (57 miles) however I did manage to get lost in Pueblo and add another eight miles onto the ride with a tour of the northern edge of the city. Luckily I ran into Anish and Jon on my way back toward the southern side of town and after asking for directions a couple of time we were able to find the library where we were meeting for lunch. (Also where I'm blogging from right now!)

Tomorrow we hit the mountains - our first real climbing since the Ozarks in Missouri! I'm excited for the challenge right now however time will tell if I feel the same way 10 miles into the climb! That all to report for now.

Till next time,

Sandra

No comments: