Friday, June 22, 2007

Kansas Update

I'm currently blogging from the Library in Eureka, Kansas where we are stopped for a little while. We are in the middle of our ride today which will take us to Cassoday, KS where we will camp tonight.

Yesterday we spent the night camping at Cross Timbers State Park on Toronto Lake in Toronto, KS following a 92 mile ride. It was a nice night for camping as the weather was dry and warm. Some of us enjoyed a swim in Toronto lake - which was by far the warmest water we have swam in so far, while some of the guys made us ugali for dinner.

This morning we woke up and enjoyed a peanut butter bread breakfast topped with cereal before hitting the road around 7am. Our ride today is only 50 miles which is why we are stopped at the library in Eureka as it is the last time we will see a large town in a few days. After a stop at the local grocery store to restock my Pop Tarts (road food) Alex, Andrew, Mike and I all headed to Prairie Grass Steakhouse & Saloon to re-fuel on some warm breakfast food. I had hot oatmeal and french toast. (Yes, French Toast is one of my favorite foods if you have not figured that out yet!)

I think others need to use the computer so I'm signing off.

Till next time,

Sandra

No comments: