Saturday, August 18, 2007

Random Thoughts and the Real World

I spent the majority of this past week camping with my family in Burlington, Vermont. Somehow I managed to acquire 75 bites on my hands while there not counting all the bites on my legs and feet. That's more bug bites than I had all summer biking across America!... I go back to work on Tuesday and honestly I'm not ready to go back to the real world of working 9-9 Monday-Sunday, not at all... I arrived home from Vermont around 2:30 pm Friday, found the box with my bike which had arrived from San Diego while I was in Vermont, assembled it and had it to the bike shop for a tune up by 3:30 pm. I went to pick it up this afternoon and Squeekers no longer squeaks! Squeekers has also gotten a face lift and is currently sporting sky blue grip tape. I kind of wish I'd gone with the dark purple as the sky blue looks a little funny, maybe next time... It was odd riding home today and not having anyone from I4K around. I kept wanting to yell "gravel", "glass", "pothole", "car back" but there was no one to yell to but Squeekers. I4K'ers I miss you!

I'm slowly updating the missing entries in my blog from my paper journal so keep checking back below for updates.

No comments: