Wednesday, May 30, 2007

375 Miles Down!

Greetings from Kane, PA! Today is day 6 of our journey and our first off day. So far we have covered 375 miles. We left from New York Hospital - Cornell Medical Center in New York City last Friday and have made stops in Tuxedo, NY; Hawley, PA; Tunkhannock, PA and Wellsboro, PA before arriving here in Kane last night. Along the way we have met some amazing people who have opened up their homes and churches to accommodate us along with providing us with some amazing meals. (Thank you all!)

The ride thus far has been challenging at times with many mountains and hills along the way. For those of you back home in Oneonta - I'm beginning to think I should have been riding Franklin Mountain daily in preparation! I'm actually feeling really good physically despite the many hills and mountains although the long days can be rather tiring.

Drew joined us on Monday night so the complete team of 18 is now all here. I'm having a great time and still extremely excited to be pedaling my bicycle across America for such a great cause!

Till next time,
Sandra

I have attached a couple of photos for those of you who have been bugging me for photos!

No comments: